Sunday, August 30, 2009
Since Mason had plenty of attention from Grandma and Grandpa and his aunt and uncles, Brooke and I had plenty of time to go on a few dates, play tennis, and go on bike rides. On our way back to Utah we stopped by Winters Quarters in Omaha, NE which is near the Omaha temple. We wish we could have spent more time there, but I'm sure we'll get to visit again someday. It was a great trip with a lot of great memories.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Uncle Dean and Natalie fed Mason his first serving of rice cereal. He didn't like that the spoon had to come out of his mouth to reload. . .
Bathtime will never be the same again. I can no longer bathe him while wearing and outfit I would like to keep on the rest of the day.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
We flew to Hawaii on a C-5, which is the biggest plane in the Air Force. It's used for transporting equipment and cargo, which may not sound like a comfortable ride, but other than being a bit noisy and having no windows to look out of it wasn't bad. On the plus side, the price was right, and we didn't have to put up with any of the headaches of commercial airports.
The flight back from Hawaii was on a KC-135, which is an aerial refueler (flying gas station). The flight went really well. Mason was great the whole time, even though the inside of the plane was a little chilly. We had a great experience. Here's a picture of a KC-135 and a picture we took on the plane.
Here are some pics that the amazing Stacy took. . . first I'll tell some stories to go with them.
- Both Mason and Justin got stung by a Portuguese Man-O-War. Mason was fine after about 15 minutes of screaming. Then he was laughing and apparently forgot about it. Mom was freaking out on the inside.
- one day I accidentally picked up the beach mat the wrong way and sand flew all over poor little Mason's face. He took it like a champ.
- Justin and I jumped off cliff. It was fun. Then it started raining and poor Mason experienced a rain storm in full force for the first time. He didn't fuss at all.
- We met some fantastic Hawaiian families who made us feel like part of their families. I don't have a pic of them on here.
- We loved loved loved loved the entire trip. Thank you Stacy for letting us stay so long!