Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Southern Happenings

Here is a little glimpse at the last six weeks of the Hochstein life in the south. Justin stayed in Montgomery, AL for the week while I stayed with my fam in GA, and then we met up on the weekends either in GA or AL.

One weekend we took a road trip to Florida to visit Justin's good friend Thiseas (a.k.a. "The Greek") in Tallahassee and also Justin's brother, Nick in Jacksonville.

We golfed in St. Augustine. . . well mini-golf on just the greens. And guess who got a hole-in-one THREE times . . . the fat lady. You know it! The stomach was no challenge, apparently. Well, I still lost to Justin and Nick by 15 or so . . . but who's counting?

Justin and I were tourists at the World of Coke. I love the new exhibit -- especially the 3D movie where you get squirted. The only problem with that place is that you have to be ready to feel really really thirsty by the end. Luckily they give you samples of all the sodas of the world before you leave. You want to avoid the ones that taste like burlap and stick with the more citrusy or fruity drinks at the end to prevent bitter aftertaste. Who knows what my baby thought about those flavors running through his system.

The highlight of the trip was that we were sealed in the Atlanta Temple on Feb 7th! Wooohooo! Justin is now officially stuck with me for eternity. And our son will also be born in an eternal family! The day was gorgeous, I was crazy emotional, and we walked away a very happy couple. Thank you thank you thank you Stacy for again being an incredible photographer and capturing that day.

Justin passed all his classes and graduated! Yay! His group (of which Justin was the leader) came in first for everything except this dodgeball game they play called Icarus (sore spot, don't mention it to Justin).

My mom and sister threw a baby shower, and we had both men and women there -- lots of great presents! Thank you! I LOVED the diaper centerpiece that Stacy's sister-in-law, Rachel, made.
We miss the south! I miss my family and friends! I miss the 70 degree weather in January! One day we will be back. . .

3 comments: