Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Magic

Santa came a day early for us so we didn't have to rush through the presents to get to church on time. Neither of the boys minded, or even knew to mind.We didn't have many presents under the tree, but it took 3+ hours to open them. There were a few Milton Bradley games for Mason and he wanted to open each one and try them out. So we spent a few minutes playing Hi Ho Cherry-o and Ants in the Pants. We convinced him to leave Memory and Candyland for a later time.
Mason loved his goodies from all his family and Santa, and Donovan loved his wrapping paper. Justin and I received a blu-ray player from Santa as well as a DVD recorder from my parents (thank you!!) so now we can burn all these news broadcasts Justin is in for posterity to enjoy. We also got some nice presents from Justin's family. I will be smelling very yummy this winter season (thanks so much!). It was a very nice, relaxing, and happy morning.
That night we went to a Christmas Eve party with our friends, the Lesofskys and I made some Santa bread that actually turned out the way I hoped it would. I may make it a tradition.Christmas morning we went to church and I was informed on the way that I had a solo in one of the songs in the program, but it was the 4th verse of "I Heard the Bells" which says "Then rang the bells more loud and deep, 'God is not dead nor doth He sleep! The Good shall fail, The right prevail, With peace on Earth, Good will to men." I loved singing it and I'm grateful that they asked. Pretty much everyone in the congregation got up at some point to sing with a group. Mason even got up a few times with Justin and I, but didn't actually sing. It was disorganized and unrehearsed, but I think it was my favorite Christmas service that I've ever attended. It was pure worship and celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Two of our friends, Austin and Melissa, came over to enjoy a Christmas steak dinner with us. They are the closest thing to family we have here, and it was fun to celebrate with them. The boys love them.
Mason's favorite Christmas movie and book this year was The Polar Express.
And a Christmas present to me was that Donovan found a sort of pacifier. We can put a piece of fruit in the net of this pacifier and he can suck the juice through the net. Very nice for a few minutes of peace. (At least until the juice runs out anyway.)So now Christmas has come and gone again. The tree is down. Mason cried when he saw it had disappeared. It's strange to think that the next time we unpack it we will be in a new house in an unknown location. I love this season. I'm always a little sad to see it pass.

1 comment: