Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Survival / Distractions

Here is a very long photo essay of how we have kept ourselves busy, and thus far survived this summer without Justin. These are things I haven't posted about previously, I think. This does not include our three-week adventure throughout the Midwest. That will be saved for another entry. We went to a carnival yesterday. Another entry.
MOSTLY PARKS
This is Hays Nature Preserve.


Grandpa accompanied us on one of our trips to Hays. I had to include this pic.

This was when all the cousins were together at our neighborhood park.




Love this.

Botanical Gardens

This was the closest I got to a smile from either of them for this pose. They did not want to be holding still.

I'm so proud of him. This was a butterfly park, and there were caterpillars all over the place.


I guess this is more of an indoor park, but it's in Atlanta. We met up with my friends, Meg and Lee Bartlet and their little Becca. The boys had a great time.

POOL
 I have very few pics at the pool since I am in the pool trying to prevent mishaps. We did do the swim lessons as well, but I've posted plenty on that. I love this picture.
This splashpark is downtown by the children's museum. We've been a few times.
 FOOD
We've started making our own pizza, and Mason loves to help!

One of my favorite pictures, ever. Go Huskers.
We go out to eat often.

Grandma helped Mason make this cake last week. He loves helping in the kitchen.

So maybe this doesn't fit in the food category, but I didn't know where else to put it. Donovan keeps me on my toes. He doesn't stop. He's like a slow-moving tornado, slowly winding through every inch of our house. Nothing is safe. Today he unscrewed a child-proof cap. Awesome.
 PRESENTS FROM DADDY
A bouquet of love from far away. And a little cheese smile to go along with it. We skype every day with Justin, and that helps enormously with being so far away. The boys can still talk to him and Justin can still see them grow up through an ipad screen.

We just received this package the other day. The chocolate box in the back was empty, for Mason's cars to sleep in. The strange-looking food on the left are some really delicious dates. I guess since I don't get real dates, he sends me edible ones. I love my husband!


MISC. FUN

Naptime! This is vital to my survival. I am sacrificing my naptime right now by doing this blog, but I want to get it done!

We found Mater at a local restaurant.

Donovan loves his crib. As long as I'm in the room with him and the lights are on.

Grandpa has been trying to keep up with Mason's incessant need for speed.

Loved having Kristi in town!

We picked blueberries with some friends one day.

Grandma has been a lifesaver.

Uncle John helped me out during a teeball game. Mason was not exactly cooperating, but he at least stayed on the field when John was out there with him.

And Grandpa controlled the fans.

It's so nice that the boys play together now! Here they are playing hide and seek. Where's Mason?
 And there is the very fast rundown of our summer. The boys are awake and have been playing in my room for the last ten minutes, and I am pushing my luck to spend any more time mostly ignoring them. We miss Daddy!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment