Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013



First, we took the boys to a park the Saturday before Easter to do a big public hunt. I don't know why I do this. It's so crowded, the hunt lasts a whole seven seconds, and I feel like my kids are constantly at risk of being trampled under the feet of frantic parents trying to find Easter Eggs. Maybe I'll host my own next year and invite some friends. The boys had fun, though. Donovan only wanted blue eggs. It's is current favorite color. Last month it was purple.


Just don't look at me. The kids had to sit and wait for a long time. It was not easy to stay behind that yellow tape, with hundreds of plastic eggs screaming their names.

Mad Rush.
Seven seconds later, they emerge triumphant.

Showing off their blue eggs, happy as can be.
 


Then, Easter morning, the boys woke up to find the Easter bunny had hidden eggs in our house!

 My camera kept cutting off the video, I don't know why. Anyway, sorry for the poor videography, I don't see any improvement in the near future.



We tried to teach them throughout the day the true meaning of Easter, I'm not sure how much sunk in.  Easter was also Mason's Birthday, but I'll do a separate post for that celebration. He wore a button to church that says "Birthday Boy" so everyone would know. So cute. Didn't get a picture. Nor did I get a picture of their Easter outfits. We didn't buy anything new. We were just happy to get to church on time with all the morning festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment