Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Good Cause from Stacy's Blog

Why Should YOU Come Out for the Walk/Run?

because at least YOU can still walk!

About 2 months ago, one of my good friends, along with her 2 sons were involved in a head on collision. The baby came out with 0 injuries. My friend, Jessica, came out with 2 broken ankles, a broken tibia, and some very scratched up legs. She still won't be able to walk for another 2 months or so. Her other son, Collin(5 yrs old), had it the worst. He fractured his neck, and severed a nerve in his spinal cord/lower back. After he had surgery, the Dr. said he was paralyzed. It was the worst injury he had seen in years. Miraculously, since then he has gained feeling and even movement in his left leg. He is a fighter! He has managed to keep a smile on his face even though he hasn't been home in 2 months and is still in pain. Only time will tell if he will ever be able to walk again.

Grayson is holding a run/walk on Saturday, May 2 at Tribble Mill Park for Collin and the family. I am leaving for Hawaii on May 1. Since I can't be there, I told Jessica I would do my best to get as many people as I know to go. I believe it is $25 per person. Jessica and her family will be there. It is for a great cause. I know a lot of you who read this blog live in the area, so mark your calendars! Grab your friends and go get some excercise! I'll post more info about it once I know more.



If you aren't able to make it to the walk, but still want to help, there is a fund set up at Wachovia Bank. You can go to any Wachovia and let them know you want to make a donation to the Collin D. Lancaster Assistance Fund and these "love" gifts will go directly to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment