Sunday, April 5, 2009

Welcome Mason!









He came he came he came!

Mason Lee Hochstein
Born 31 March 2009, 5:12 am (long long night)
9 lbs .06 oz.
21.5 in.

He has been a sweet, sweet baby. The first night at home, sleep did not occur, but now we know how he likes to sleep. Then he became jaundicey and we had to keep him in a tanning bed for 20 hours straight. That was also an adventure.

Grandma and Grandpa Cheesman are in town now and he LOVES them! He looks more and more like Grandma Hochstein everyday.

Justin and I are doing well adjusting to having him in our lives, even with the growing bags developing under our eyes. I am still quite sore from our 9 lb wonder, but I am feeling better everyday. Justin is an amazing father, I could not ask for a better partner in this adventure of parenthood. He has mastered swaddling and changes diapers more often than I do!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brooke on your new beautiful baby boy! He is precious and such a pretty baby. Congratulations again. I am so excited for you. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing in the world. It's hard as heck, but more rewarding than anything else. I'm so happy that the Lord has blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so beautiful! he looks more like a 2 month old baby than a newborn! i think he does look like justin! congratulations and enjoy the lack of sleep that comes with this precious one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Brookie! Mason is such a cool name and he is so super cute. I am always amazed at how tiny and HUGE a new born can be and I know you know what I mean. (Actually, you know far better than me at this point!)

    I hope that you find every spare minute (or 30 seconds) to take care of yourself and recover. Each minute will add up over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is a good looking little man. I am glad that you all are doing well aside from the lack of sleep. Don't worry, you will adjust. In a few weeks a good night's sleep will be nothing more than a distant memory. I haven't gotten a solid night's sleep in almost 3 years. Luckily, sometimes you can catch up by taking naps during the day.

    Anyway, congratulations. I look forward to meeting Mason in person sometime soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I can hardly believe you have a baby already ... It seems like just yesterday you were giggling over Justin. My how time flies! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Brooke! He is beautiful and I want to hear the whole story when you get some time. I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I am so excited for you! I wish you lived in GA so I could come see the sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Brooke! You're a mom! What a sweet little boy he is! Congratulations on delivering him into the world. You are going to be such a wonderful mom! I'm sooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete