Monday, September 30, 2013

Weston Newborn Photoshoot Attempt

So I've seen all these newborn photos and the thought went through my head, "that doesn't look so tough." SO this time around I didn't hire a professional.
Aaaaand here are the results.





Of course the tongue.

Taking a break from the pigskin to snuggle with grandma.


This was before I called Stacy to ask about the camera settings. See the last photo for an improvement.




"I don't like you very much right now, Mom."


Okay, so here are the lessons I've learned:
- I should try editing these sometime. I hear Photoshop works wonders.  Or I should just email them to Stacy and ask her nicely to edit them.
- My children do not get milk drunk enough to do whatever crazy pose I find on Pinterest.
- My kids are born large and do not look like dainty newborns. Nor do they behave as dainty newborns. They raise their heads, kick their legs in the air, and have already formed an opinion of what they are going to do with their lives. These were taken of Weston between day 5 and 10 of his life. Supposedly the ideal time to take newborn photos.
- I really wanted a picture of him sleeping on a football (obviously). Some things just don't happen, no matter how many times you try. We tried several times over a few days to get that football picture.  I wanted to hang one in his room. I still might use the one of him crying.

And here is the ONE photo I got to work out without editing. And he's adorable. And I'm happy with it. And I will hire a professional for the next (?) baby.

2 comments:

  1. All you need is 1 good one, and this last one is perfect! I don't think it needs any editing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought back a lot of memories of how many times we laughed that day while trying to take these pictures!

    ReplyDelete