Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tribute

Thank you late 80s early 90s.
Next week I am going to see New Kids on the Block in concert. I know you are jealous. I've only waited 17 years for this moment. My 11th birthday party was New Kids themed - we wore the t-shirts, the buttons on our stone-washed tight-rolled jeans, and while the music video (which we rented for the occasion) was playing, we would pause it on our favorite boy and kiss the screen.

Tonight Justin and I were reminiscing about the great music of that time and we realized that these totally righteous bands rocked our worlds and helped make us who we are today. (For clarity, Justin is not going to the concert with me. He wanted that to be made perfectly clear.)

A tribute to the music of our pubescent years:

New Kids on the Block


Vanilla ICE

MC Hammer -- We all loved the pants at one time. Don't deny it.

Milli Vanilli -- So they faked it. They didn't fake the moves.

Tag Team --

Kriss Kross


The Fresh Prince -- I had no idea who he was till I watched the TV show later.

And last but definitely not least, Pearl Jam. Justin just got their fan club magazine in the mail. Rock on. I didn't know who these guys were till about five years after Justin knew them. If Justin gets his way, Eddie Vedder's name will show up somewhere in our posterity.

Do yall have any others that come to mind?

1 comment:

  1. Todd and I went to see New Kids last week! LOVED IT! SO much fun! You will have a blast! Ahhh, the memories! Miss you, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete