Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mason's Preschool

My friend, Katrina Crosby, and I decided to start a preschool twice a week for Mason and her daughter, Charlotte. We alternate locations between our house and theirs, so the moms get some free time! Charlotte and Mason are like twins. They are three months apart, and are very similar behaviorally and developmentally, so it makes this arrangement ideal.
Here are some of the activities they've done so far...
Building Planters. Lowes has these cute little kits for kids. I love the kid-sized hammers!

 We learned about plants and then planted some vegetables.

Car safety day. We made these out of old diaper boxes. They loved them!

Movie and snack time. There are sing-a-long videos we usually watch.

They have journals they color in every week (If I remember to get them out). In the back is the board for the daily review, where we review the days of the week and months of the year, the seasons, the weather, and we also review the alphabet and numbers.

The five senses.

Olympics! The flag with green on it is the UAE flag.

Clothes Day, Mason did really well with sewing.

Fire Safety Day! This was today. We took our first field trip, so I took lots of pictures. Charlotte felt shy while we were there, but Mason couldn't get enough. He had so many questions! And they were great about answering them and giving him a fun hands-on experience.

At first he was afraid they were going to squirt him with the hose.

He wanted to know about everything!

So fun.

The firemen asked if they were twins.

Other things we've done are bubble wrap hopscotch, octopus hotdogs (hotdogs with spaghetti poked into it and cooked), pirates day... and lots of other ideas. I'm too tired at the moment to recall them all. 
I'm so glad Katrina came up with this idea! It's been great for Mason and myself! It gives me a day and place to use fun ideas that I find on the internet!
Update: I remembered other ones! -- We had a color day where they learned about mixing colors. I let them mix primary-colored cupcake mix to make orange, green, and purple. I dyed noodles bright colors and had them glue them to paper plates for craft.  We also did a healthy food day.

No comments:

Post a Comment