Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

We went with a football theme this year. It was the only thing I could get the boys to agree on. I usually start planning Halloween in July (because I LOVE IT!), but Mason has reached an age where mom is no longer the costume dictator. And I happily resign from that post because I know how fun it is to dress up in a favorite costume, but Mason changed his mind every week. Transformers, Backyardigans, dinosaurs, Lightning McQueen, Despicable Me people/minions, Wreck it Ralph characters, . . . the list was quite extensive. But I finally got him to say "yes" to football uniforms and he stayed excited about them for over a week, so that became the game plan. Justin dressed up like a coach with headphones, and I was a ref. We didn't get a whole family picture, but who cares about what the parents look like, anyway?
Pumpkin Carving! It took Mason a while to be brave with touching the pumpkin guts, but he did it and was so proud! Come to find out he is allergic to them (we realized this last year, but totally forgot about it). He had hives on his arms and face for the next week. I looked it up online and apparently it's not such a bizarre allergy. Maybe we'll carve watermelons next year.

Final Results. The rabbits ate our pumpkins' faces a few days later. We didn't think about that. Do you like our skeleton with a Nebraska hat? Justin wanted to be in charge of decorating our front porch for Halloween.

Here are the kiddos. Love them.




We had equal representation

I ordered a football outfit for Weston online, but realized too late that it was literally coming on the slow boat from China and would arrive after Halloween. So I went to Walmart and got a brown shirt and some fabric paint and made my own. Cutest little pigskin I ever saw. I'm glad he was happier with this football photo attempt than the previous one last month. . .
And here is Mason at the ward Halloween Party.




No comments:

Post a Comment