Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mason's Preschool

I do a co-op preschool with some ladies in the area. We began with five kids, but two decided not to continue, so now we have three. And it's all boys. For now. We may add a cute little girl in January. Mason loves it! We always do a lesson or two, but really, the boys just want to play. We teach two days a week for two weeks and then swap houses. It works out really nicely. Here are some photos of when I taught in October. I had an outerspace theme. We ate real astronaut ice cream, made helmets, went hunting for space rocks, made paper mache planets. and learned about the letters I and J. The boys loved learning about rockets and Saturn V. I had a blast teaching it all. I made sure to plan only things that I would have fun doing, lol. For their "play time" they would take toy planes and rockets and run up to Mason and Donovan's room, and that was flying into space because it's got planets on the ceiling, and then they would run back down to earth. Over and over and over.
These boys are adorable.
Writing time. Or scribble time, whatever works for them.


The Letter I

Little i



Hunting for Space Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment