Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Seed and a Nose

This is how our evening began. I thought I was being so fun by having a picnic and a movie for dinner. Justin was working, so I was trying to entertain myself as well as the boys.
Then Donovan approached me with his finger up his nose. I asked if he needed a tissue. His response: "Popcort(n). Seed. Nose. Stuck. Popcort(n). Seed. Nose. Stuck."
My thoughts: Oh please don't be telling me what I think you are telling me!
What do I do? I called my mom. I am not grown up enough to know what to do when my child has a seed stuck up his nose.
I looked inside, I saw it, I can't get it out with a nose sucker. So I called some of my young women to come babysit while I take this cute little rascal to the hospital.

He was thrilled to have his own bed. And to be eating fruit snacks.
 The next five hours were spent trying to get the little teeny seed out of his cute little nose. It took three doctors, three nurses, five hours, and two doses of "special K" to get it out. (Special K, aka Ketamine, is a drug that made him feel good and not care that they were digging in his nose. They don't administer it to adults, I don't know why. But he was hallucinating rabbits going into tunnels while he had it in his system)

I asked him to show me his sticker. This is what he showed me.
But this is what I meant. Poor little guy.
 So glad it's over! Let's hope the lesson was learned by ALL my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment