Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 in Alabama!

We drove to Alabama. I love Thanksgiving, and if I can be in the south to celebrate, I will do everything in my power to make it happen. It's a 19 hour drive on google maps, which makes it about 24 hours for our family of five. Of course, we stopped along the way. The boys did really great. We drove the I-70 route and lucked out with the weather. There was an unusual, massive snow storm along the southern route the days we drove, but had clear skies the whole way.
My entire family was together! Nick and Lydia even came up. I visited some friends from when I lived there. I miss that place. I didn't take many pictures, unfortunately. We had our family pictures taken by my sister, Stacy. We are lucky to have two photographers in our family. Weston had only met my mom before this trip, so it was nice for Dad and everyone else to see him. I wish I lived closer to my family! Oh well. I signed on to be a military wife when I married the perfect man. I'll take it.
On our trip. He was so good and so cute. But he got tired of being in the car.

Meet Grandpa!


D had a present for Jack.

Justin blessed Weston while we were there.

He was cute in this outfit. We've used the same outfit for all three boys.

Her two newest Grandbabies! Kingston is a month older than Weston.

So cute!

Justin and I did the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I waddled. Then I limped the rest of the week. Lol. It really was fun to do, though.

Good to see old friends! This is Katherine Selin. I worked with her while I was dating Justin.

Weston figured out his hands while we were down there. So cute.

Nick and Lydia came up! It's so great to have them every year.

At a hotel on our way back.

"Mom, look! A space shuttle!" Lol.

And we made it back.

And that was the trip. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment