Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cheesman Family Reunion 2014

Grandma Millie celebrated her 90th birthday in the Timber Moose Lodge in Utah. It's a nice, very large log cabin in the mountains near Heber. I loved seeing all my family! I get pretty homesick, being away from all my family. I wish we could live closer to ANY of these people!
We were a little nervous about how many small children would be running around this place. Grandma Millie had six children, they all had five or more children, and many of their children have had several children. So it was a full house. The lodge was enormous, though, and I rarely felt any chaos that was expected. I'm not sure there will be another organized reunion like this again in this family, it was sad to say goodbye to everyone.

So excited to be with cousins!

This was our dorm room, where our family of five slept, along with Lisa and her two boys, my sister Kristi, and my Dad. We didn't come to sleep, right?

Huge tire swing outside.


Justin took the boys hiking a few times out there. It was so pretty!


They saw moose and deer on the hikes, but I don't think they got any photos.

Bouncy House! It was a bit difficult to get a clear shot in here.





Weston would just lay back and relax like this. It was so funny.

We had a little roommate reunion as well, Tina had a baby boy, so Heather and I went to meet him. I miss these girls so much! (The photographer was Tina's 5-year-old stepson.)

The boys have to warm up to Grandpa (the bushy eyebrows and loud laugh are a little foreign to them, lol). Weston eventually warmed up to him with a little food.




You're welcome, Kristi. It was really fun to see you, though.

Love these people!




Grandpa on pancake duty.

Dean helping with eggs for the grits.

Lisa babysitting the ice cream. JK.


These were my favorite moments, just sitting around and talking.




Troy and Donovan. So cute!


House of Fire!


Dad did a great job, and everyone had a blast.

The woman who made all this happen.

My playing partner, Taylor. (Heather's daughter)




Making quilts for the new babies.

The birthday queen, telling us about the book she made for us of her personal history.

And the pool in the basement. I loved this trip!


Here is a video of our number in the talent show. (Grandma likes productions in our family reunions. We drag our feet to do it sometimes, but I think most everyone loves it in the end.)





No comments:

Post a Comment