Monday, March 3, 2014

Preschool Olympics

When we had preschool at our house at the beginning of this month, we learned about the letter O, so we did the Olympics! I had them create their own flag, pick their own national anthem (Two picked "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells," one picked plain ol' "Jingle Bells," and Mason picked the Transformers Rescue Bots theme song.), we did an opening ceremonies, then had a few competitions. At then at the end they decorated their own medal (Bought some on Amazon, they were cute). Sometimes I remembered to take pictures. This all happened over four days of preschool. I love these kids!

Soda Bottle Ring Toss (they decorated their own rings)

Thomas the Train ski jump.

Closing Ceremonies (Mason wanted his to look like the Canadian flag. That's the "Justin Time" influence)

And here they are. So cute.
Side note: I showed them a highlight video from Winter Olympics so they could get an idea of different events and what it's all about. I was trying to explain to them that the athletes often worked their whole life to train for the games, and as I was saying this a bunch of victory shots came on the video, and I choked up. Honestly. I had to stop talking before the kids noticed the tears in my eyes. Ha. I love the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment