Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014: Donovan's Actual Third Birthday

Even though we had already celebrated Donovan turning three years old, we had to have another party on his official birthday, which was while we were in Alabama.
Birthday pancake on the traditional special red plate! Not happy. Wanted the Lion King plate.

It's his birthday. We do what he wants. Mostly.

We met some friends at the local library and it was Stars Wars day! Oh yes. Thank you for making my son feel like I planned a really cool birthday party just for him.

Love him, I do.

These are our dear friends, Charlotte and Liam.

Checking out the gun.

Coolest library day ever.

Another closet sleeping picture thrown in. Not sure if it belongs here, but I'll keep it for cuteness' sake. Pretty sure this was naptime after the library (note the green lightsaber peeking in the photo on the right).

The awesomely ghetto lego cake I made. Because everything is awesome. Considering that it was difficult to find time in this chaotic home to even visit the ladies room in times of need, I was pretty proud of myself for whipping this together in the limited time available.

You know this kid got cake.

Stacy and Eleanor got him a balloon. One of the favorite presents of the night. He still talks about it.

Singing Happy Birthday

(Note my mom is holding two grandbabies at the same time. That is their new "normal.")


And a finger in the frosting.

Three!


Love the apprehension expressed by all parties

I think he likes it, Grandma!
Look at that smile. Good party.
And of course I have a video:














No comments:

Post a Comment