Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014: My Alabama Family

I think it's so funny that Alabama is now the hub of my family. I never would have pictured myself loving Alabama. But I do.
Anyway, these pictures and these blog posts  covering our visit this summer will not be in chronological order, just in case I care about that for some reason in the future.

It was great to visit my family, and it was one of the craziest vacations I've ever experienced. But it honestly was so fun, and I still long to go back and live in the craziness again. I was blessed to meet my new niece and nephews, Audrey, Nash, and Desmond (Stacy's triplets). Eleanor is so grown up and exploding with personality, and I loved getting to know her brilliant, mischievous, loving self. I added to the chaos of my parents' home by bringing my three active boys. Of course, Weston got sick as soon as we got there (roseola), that's what my kids do. 
For the most part, the kids got a long. Donovan and Eleanor made it a point to drive each other mad several times each day. They fought like siblings. But then they would search each other out to play and have fun. Donovan would tell me, "I wuv Eleanor. She my fwiend."

It was easiest to just throw them all in the tub together. They always got along in the tub.

Thankfully my mom has a nice, roomy tub in her bathroom!

The kids were elated to be with Grandma and Grandpa again! This is story time the night we arrived.

Weston loved Jack. He took a while to warm up to the noise and chaos, but adjusted by the time we left.

Mason meeting Nash

Donovan meeting Audrey

Grandma bought some bubbles!


Iron man working on his cars.

This is sick Weston. Those cheeks. . . . He was back to his normal self in about three days.

Here was a moment of friendship between the two.

Dad being the best Grandpa ever!

Grandma working magic with a sick baby.

Babies =  People Food for Jack = Happy Jack

Mason and Donovan shared a walk-in closet floor as their bed. They had plenty of room to sleep, but sometimes they would snuggle.

This was near the end of the trip when we picked Justin up from the airport.

Someone was really happy to see Daddy

Desmond and I taking selfies

Love this girl.

Here are all three. Stacy is a superwoman. I just realized I don't have a picture of just me and her.

Four Generations

Here is a glimpse of survival. Desmond likes when you bounce on an exercise ball. Right before this picture was taken, Weston (seen bear crawling in the back) had been standing, grabbing my skirt, wanting me to hold him, too.

I can't wait to go back. For realz.

No comments:

Post a Comment