Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014: Road Trip!


We drove from Colorado to Alabama to South Dakota and back in three weeks. Every time we travel we debate whether we should drive or fly, but lately driving has won. I love road trips, but it would be nice to just fly and get there quickly. But flying with three active boys by myself and then not having our own vehicle everywhere we went for three weeks was not appealing.
I drove the boys to Alabama by myself and Justin joined us later. The boys were fantastic! It was truly and enjoyable trip. I love driving through this country. There are breathtaking vistas to be witnessed from coast to coast. And the boys are perfect travel companions, with only the occasional meltdown :). I'm going to split this trip up into several entries.
Here are a few shots of the roadtrip:

When we got to a hotel, I asked Mason to just sit and wait on a chair. Impossible. There was a beaded curtain.

We arrived at the hotel around midnight. I asked the front desk clerk if there were people in the rooms near ours, because I knew my boys would be wired when we first arrived in our room. He said it should be fine. He had to come back and ask us to move due to complaints of the guests sleeping BELOW us. Lol. I warned him.


Roadtrip = gross food and happy boys. August was hot wheels happy meals month at McDonalds.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love that you were willing to drive with the boys to come see us and loved having you!

    ReplyDelete